Helping you understand healthy weight-loss is our primary goal
Dr. M. Ammar Hatahet is Board-Certified in Obesity Medicine and a clinical professor at Michigan State University, specializing in Weight-management. He has been practicing Primary Care for over 27 years, while seeing so many patients struggle with weight control, Dr. Hatahet decided to obtain his Board certification in Obesity medicine, which he received in 2013, and open up a weight management practice to run alongside his Primary Care office to work more efficiently with patients wanting to focus on weight management and healthy lifestyle changes, so patients can achieve their goals and be successful at keeping the weight off.
We realize that many patients have already tried many other methods to lose weight, and recognize that weight loss and keeping it off after is probably the hardest task you have ever attempted. Leading only to gain the weight back, along with a sense of disappointment, failure and low self-esteem.
We can help you because we adhere to the following principles:
- You are not alone in this. This is a long-term partnership between you and our team.
- Our multidisciplinary approach uses evidence based medicine to design and implement individualized programs for each patient.
- Promotion of self-efficiency, awareness, empowerment and accountability are key ingredients to help aid in long term success.
- Gradual but steady progress. Realizing that weight gained over years will take time to lose.
- Even though all other previous programs have failed, it does not mean that you are guilty of failure or incapable of losing weight.